Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Surgery Begins


Ben went into surgery this morning around 11:30. The Dr. says it will take around 5 hours. The picture is of the markings the surgeon made on Ben's head before he went into surgery. You can see the purple marks go from his ear, up and around like a backwards "C". I think the "K" stands for whoever is the most awesome mom at the hospital.

Before the surgery, Ben had a little medicine to make him really relaxed. It also made him a little confused. The nurse asked him when the last time he had anything to eat of drink, and he replied, "Well . . .I had some Sprite at 7. And I had some water at 6:50. And I had some Sprite at 6:40." I was cracking up at his minute by minute replay of his morning.

1 comment:

  1. We've been praying for him! And I put his name on the prayer roll last night. (((Hugs))) to you all. He's a strong kid. Crossing our fingers all goes smoothly.

    Tara

    ReplyDelete